Assistant Men's and Women's Tennis Coach
The person in this position will assist the head coach in developing and coordinating a tennis program that is highly competitive in Division III while following the standards and guidelines established by Central College, the American Rivers Conference (ARC) and NCAA Division III.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
Assist the head coach in:
- Teaching student-athlete skill development and mental/motivating techniques
- Supervision and development of practice and game sessions
- Assist the head coach in recruiting and retention of academically qualified student-athletes within the guidelines of Central College, the ARC and NCAA Division III.
- Collaborate with admission office staff and counselors for contacts, campus visits, and other recruiting activities
- Fundraising activities
- Camps and clinics
- Attend staff development opportunities and coach's meetings
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree, with one to three years of experience coaching preferred.
- Strong communication skills required
- First Aid/CPR/AED certified or ability to obtain certification within six months required
- Ability to travel; night and week-end work required
- Valid driver's license and the ability to be insured to drive college vehicles required