Choir Director Position Opening at First Baptist Church, Pella, Iowa
1. Reviewing the Church choir music archives and selecting prelude, prayer, and postlude responses, anthems and/or cantatas.
2. Purchasing new music (with financial discretion) as you believe appropriate.
3. Meet with the Pastor to participate in the selection of hymns and review of Sunday service.
4. Distribute / collect / keep organized the music to / from choir members at Wednesday evening rehearsals.
5. Conduct Wednesday evening rehearsals (7:30 – 8:30 PM), pre-church rehearsals (8:45 – 9:15 AM), and Sunday Church services.
6. Conduct special rehearsals when necessary and appropriate. (Sometimes we do a Christmas or Easter cantata)
7. Help in recruiting student choir members as prudent and appropriate. (We understand this is a team sport)
8. Participate in special evening worship activities. (There are none scheduled at the present time – we have had Christmas Eve & Ash Wednesday services before.)
Please send your information to firstname.lastname@example.org.