Content Specialist - Web and Digital Communications
Responsible to the director of communications and marketing for the development, organization and maintenance of the college's websites and digital presence, including work with video, social media, bulk email, digital advertising and other interactive services.
- Develop, plan and support strategies for Central's websites to be comprehensive, user-friendly and effective for marketing to Central's priority audiences that include prospective students, parents and alumni/donors.
- Lead the design, development and content strategy of Central College websites in partnership with the senior content strategist/design director.
- Create and maintain forms for event registrations, fundraising and engagement while optimizing usability.
- Develop web templates for Central's websites and third-party platforms as needed.
- Collaborate with IT Services as needed, including APIs, branding, database management and web tools.
- Help maintain integrity and accuracy of information on Central College websites.
- Maintain knowledge of web technologies and design trends to determine minimum/maximum user experience design specs and seek opportunities to enhance the website via industry materials.
- Track web effectiveness and analytics and develop and measure goals for Central's web presence using Siteimprove content technology and additional data sources
- Coordinate with the content specialist - editorial on establishing and maintaining Slate CRM platform to support admission email and form generation. Lead Slate integration with Central's website.
- Support strategies for the college's social media and digital advertising efforts.
- Provide additional department support as needed
- In collaboration with other members of the communications team, manage student employees and their projects.
- Support college livestreaming and video needs with the videographer/photographer for Commencement and other academic events as well as signature athletics events, including home football games, conference and regional championships hosted on campus and the Dutchies.
- A bachelor's degree in computer science, web development or web design.
- Five to eight years' experience in web design and digital marketing preferred.
- Strong communication skills.
- Must have strong time management skills and be held accountable for meeting deadlines.
- Understanding of Central's target audiences, including prospective students and their parents, alumni, donors and others.
- Ability to collaborate with all members of the campus community.
- Demonstrate skills in the operations of design software and programs related to websites and social media tools.
- Experience with HTML, CSS, PHP and SQL.
- Experience with WordPress and web content management systems.
- Experience with Slate, Siteimprove or other industry leading tools preferred.
- Experience with the Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator and Dreamweaver.
- Experience with web usability/accessibility in relationship to users with disabilities.
- Must work cooperatively and respectfully with colleagues and readers.
- Shift hours may vary, including evenings, weekends and college closure periods.
Please contact Human Resources with questions by emailing email@example.com or calling 641-628-5199.