Content Specialist - Production and Livestream
Reporting to the Central College director of integrated marketing communications and media, the content specialist - production and livestreaming is responsible for producing and streaming events on social media and/or web platforms (including athletics, fine arts, education and more), editing footage, and coordinating production and distribution. The position also helps maintain and care for equipment and supports the production of multi-image, multi-media, and video presentations, a role that requires collaboration, technical skill, and creativity.
Coordinate the college's livestreaming services. Understand the college's livestreaming capabilities and technology, serving as the point of contact for all livestream requests.
- Set and maintain a production schedule before streams, including coordinating venues, collaborating with the office of conferences and events, and overseeing on-location streaming events.
- Perform pre-and post-production activities and process video footage.
- Transport, set up, and operate video equipment, including lighting, staging, audio, and other needs related to production quality.
- Train, schedule, and work with student employees to support livestreaming needs.
- Lead the creation of videoboard content.
- Develop content for the Pella TV partnership.
- Collaborate with the college's social media and web specialists to communicate to targeted audiences and also all communications team members to ensure branded content, integration throughout platforms, and awareness of college-wide efficiencies and dependencies
Create visual storytelling opportunities across multiple platforms, using photography and videography to inform, engage and entertain Central audiences and support the college's communication and marketing goals. Key on-campus collaborators are academics, admissions, advancement, and athletics. This work could include, but is not limited to:
- Capturing video of events, activities, interviews, meetings, etc., as assigned.
- Designing after-effects as needed, including motion graphics, layout, and animation.
- Assisting with the production and archiving of campus video and photography.
- Be open to suggestions/edits.
- Understand and use the project approval process.
- Be open and adaptable to change.
Uphold the college's brand identity and standards.
Consistently demonstrate a positive attitude and positively represent the college in dealing with contacts on and off campus.
Must have strong time management skills and be held accountable for meeting deadlines.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- One to five years of successful experience in videography, livestreaming, and/or technology or media. Experience preferred in higher education, non-profit settings, or journalism and related fields.
- Experience and skill in video editing using Adobe software and video animation preferred. Competency in Word, Excel, WordPress and Outlook, Adobe Creative Suites, and other creative software programs, and a willingness to learn institutional website posting procedures.
- Strong knowledge of the video production process, including pre-production audio and video recording, lighting, editing, content delivery, and digital asset management.
- Strong written and oral communication skills are required.
- Ability to deliver aligned content to meet the needs and interests of college priorities.
- Interest in and curiosity for all aspects of education and a dedication to promoting the college through developing excellent relationships with faculty, staff, students, volunteers, and colleagues.
- Ability to develop rapport quickly and communicate effectively and assertively with a wide variety of personalities.
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively.
- Ability to work as a part of a team.
- Professional attitude and appearance.
- Strong organizational skills, the ability to meet tight deadlines without compromising quality while managing own time and prioritizing multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- A demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Willing to learn new technology as needed.
- Must be able to work nights and weekends.
Individuals from underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply. Central College is a drug/tobacco-free workplace.
Please provide a link to your digital editorial or digital communication portfolio demonstrating your ability in your resume and/or cover letter.