Welding Technician (Rim Trimmer)
PURPOSE OF POSITION
Responsible for trimming flat portion off of rolled rim to specific circumference.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
More specifically, the person will:
- Trim rims to customer and/or company specs. This includes measuring and trimming again and checking that trim is free of slag and other foreign material.
- Use and understand various paperwork, including schedules, prints, & tech standards.
- Demonstrate a commitment to continuous improvement by practicing good housekeeping and organization in their work area
- Contribute to the team effort by accomplishing related results within budget, time and quality specifications.
- As business needs arise, complete assignments in other areas and related task assignments in work areas
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, policies and regulations.
- Demonstrate regular/dependable attendance.
- Perform routine maintenance and housekeeping.
- Continually participate in additional training related to the position.
- Demonstrate regular and consistent attendance.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- After reasonable training will demonstrate knowledge, understanding, and the ability to complete job responsibilities per customer and/or company specifications.
- Demonstrate mechanical aptitude and willingness to learn processes
- Attention to detail.
- Demonstrate a consistent and appropriate sense of urgency.
- Strong commitment to quality and working safety.
- Must have strong organizational skills, be detail oriented and deadline driven.
- High school diploma; or
- A general education degree (GED);
- or one to three months related experience and/or training;
- or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Welding Certificate – Recommended, but not required
To perform this position successfully, individual should demonstrate the following work competencies:
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Uses equipment properly.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves issues in a timely manner.
- Communication Skills – Speaks clearly, listens and receives clarification, respond to questions.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction, and takes responsibility.
- Quality Assurance - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Ethics/Professionalism - Treats people with respect; Works ethically and with integrity.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures.
- Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee: must be able to frequently stoop/bend; must be able to regularly use hands and arms; must be able to regularly stand and walk; must be able to lift and/or move up to 100 pounds of equipment with assist available; specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, and peripheral vision; specific hearing abilities required by this job include being able to respond quickly to instructions in a noisy, fast paced work environment and demonstrate good communication skills; and must be able to meet mandated safety standards required to perform job. Must be able to freely navigate and access all areas of the Company premises, facilities, and equipment.
The noise level in the work environment is USUALLY LOUD.
Steel-toe safety shoes, safety glasses, hearing protection when necessary, protective gloves and respirator as required. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts, outdoor weather conditions, and the risk of electrical shock. The employee regularly is exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, work with flammable materials, and vibration.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Precision, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, The Employer will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages prospective employees and incumbents to discuss potential accommodations with Precision, Inc