PURPOSE OF POSITION
Responsible for tacking/welding and processing parts by performing duties and responsibilities listed below.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
More specifically, the person will:
- Tack/Weld/fabricate and repair equipment and tooling.
- Grinding/Cleaning/Beveling fit-up of welds where required.
- Utilize the correct weld gauge for the correct size weld.
- Use and Understand various paperwork, including schedules, prints, & tech standards.
- Demonstrate a commitment to continuous improvement by practicing good housekeeping and organization in their work area
- Contribute to the team effort by accomplishing related results within budget, time and quality specifications.
- As business needs arise, complete assignments in other areas and related task assignments in work areas
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, policies and regulations.
- Demonstrate regular/dependable attendance.
- Perform routine maintenance and housekeeping.
- Continually participate in additional training related to the job.
- Perform extra assignments in other areas and related task assignments in the work area.
- Continually participate in additional training related to the position.
- Demonstrate regular and consistent attendance.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- After reasonable training will demonstrate knowledge, understanding, and the ability to weld per customer and/or company specifications.
- Demonstrate mechanical aptitude and willingness to learn processes
- Attention to detail.
- Demonstrate a consistent and appropriate sense of urgency.
- Strong commitment to quality and working safety.
- Must have strong organizational skills, be detail oriented and deadline driven.
- High school diploma; or
- A general education degree (GED);
- or one to three months related experience and/or training;
- or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Welding Certificate – Recommended, but not required
Click here for more details