Supply Chain Manager
LDJ Manufacturing is home to the Thunder Creek Equipment brand of premium diesel fuel and service trailers. We are an industry leader known for our uncompromising quality and reliability. LDJ is a family-owned company, with strong Midwest roots and values, and a passion to develop, manufacture, and market innovative solutions that provide value to our customers in the agricultural, construction, and oil industries throughout the United States.
We are seeking an experienced Supply Chain Manager who shares our values and is energized by leading, collaborating, accelerating results, and delivering company growth goals. The Supply Chain Manager is responsible for planning, implementing, and monitoring the company’s overall supply chain strategy to maximize process efficiencies, productivity, and customer satisfaction. This is a key role in the company’s overall success with responsibility for procurement, warehousing, and logistics.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan and implement the overall supply chain strategy.
- Develop and lead a high-performing team. Actively attract and engage top talent to align with company values.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships as you collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to identify and maintain resources needed to provide an effective supply chain.
- Plan, manage, and coordinate all activities related to the sourcing, procurement, and storage of materials and supplies needed to meet product demand. This includes negotiating contracts, pricing, terms, and lead times with suppliers.
- Evaluate total landed costs with suppliers and logistics.
- Maintain adequate inventory levels to optimize production, while balancing effective inventory turns.
- Assess the need for material-handling equipment and staffing to ensure efficient loading, unloading, movement, and storage of materials.
- Oversee periodic physical inventories that includes generating part number lists, training of count teams, data input teams, and working closely with Finance on final postings.
- Develop vendor score card that monitors the performance of suppliers in terms of quality, cost, on-time delivery, and support.
- Monitor key industries and commodities to keep up on any changes, including but not limited to availability and price.
- Actively participate and support the team coordinating engineering changes, product line extension, or new product launches to ensure timely and orderly material and production flow transitions. Provide information and guidance on availability; costs and evaluate make vs. buy analysis as needed.
- Perform vendor audits as needed on key suppliers.
- Support engineering to build and maintain accurate pricing on all BOM’s.
- Establish and report out on supply chain KPI’s along with appropriate analysis and countermeasures.
- Work directly with sales department to determine most cost-effective and timely distribution solution for finished goods transportation to customers.
- Develop partnerships with logistics providers that deliver finished product to customers in a timely manner, while maintaining good representation of LDJ’s core values.
- Support capacity planning efforts to identify operational and logistic requirements to support the company’s growth goals.
- Promote culture of continuous improvement to constantly improve processes and efficiencies.
- Manage departmental budgets and ensure compliance of company controls and policies.
Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of Supply Chain team members. Direct, motivate, reward, and recognize the team’s ability to meet or exceed business objectives. Partner with the team on personal and career development. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with LDJ’s core values and the company’s policies and applicable laws for interviewing, hiring, training, directing work, appraising performance, rewarding, and disciplining, addressing complaints, and resolving problems.
To be successful in this position, the individual must effectively demonstrate the following competencies: Embodies the core values, leads courageously, shapes strategy, collaborates, builds talented teams, empowers, inspires accountability, and accelerates results.
Ability to travel up to 10-15% of the time with a valid driver’s license.
Ideal Candidate will Possess the Following Skills/Qualities:
- Previous experience as a supply chain manager.
- Excellent knowledge of supply chain processes.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills with a proven ability to create and maintain positive working relationships with suppliers, shippers, and customers.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational, project management, and adaptive problem-solving skills
- Strategic and analytical mindset.
- Collaboration skills to promote easy communication and cross-functional synergies.
- Effective conflict management skills.
- Ability to prioritize projects and multi-task to meet deadlines and customer expectations.
- Highly proficient computer skills using Microsoft Office Suite and business software.
- Bachelor’s degree required with at least 3 years of experience in similar position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds without restrictions. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Please send your application and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.