Roll Operator - 2nd Shift
PURPOSE OF POSITION
Roll plate to specifications on schedules.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
More specifically, the employee owner will:
- Roll plate to the specified diameter.
- Set pinch for different thickness of plate.
- Preform rims prior to rolling.
- Clean all foreign material off of plate & grind flame-cut pieces prior to rolling.
- Use and understand various paperwork, including schedules, prints, & tech standards.
- Perform routine housekeeping and maintenance.
- Continually participate in additional training related to the job.
- Perform extra assignments in other areas and related task assignments in the work area.
- Regular, consistent attendance.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Operate various tools, machines, and stations.
- Use and understand various paperwork including: schedules, prints, and tech standards.
- Possess strong math along with written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrate ability to prioritize effectively, multitask accurately, and execute successfully
- High level of time management and attention to detail required
- Demonstrate ability to work under pressure and with tight deadlines
- High school diploma or a general education degree (GED); or
- One to three months related experience and/or training; or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
TRAINING – CERTIFICATIONS – LICENSES
To perform this position successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following work competencies:
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; uses equipment properly.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves issues in a timely manner.
- Communication Skills – Speaks clearly, listens and receives clarification, responds to questions.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction, and takes responsibility.
- Quality Assurance - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Ethics/Professionalism - Treats people with respect; works ethically and with integrity.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures.
- Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.