Production Supervisor (Dec 2020 or May 2021 grads)
As a production supervisor for Pella Corporation, you must be a servant leader with a strong passion and drive to develop the people around you to perform at their peak potential. You must be loyal, conscientious and possess a strong desire to succeed and constantly improve.
Who Is Pella Corporation?
Pella Corporation is one of the largest manufacturers of windows and doors in North America; as a leader in technology and product innovation, Pella has been awarded more than 150 product and design patents. And the team at Pella is as committed as ever to continuing the company's proud heritage of building innovative windows and doors.
At Pella, we want to help you find what makes you an extraordinary team member. That’s why we offer individualized talent development plans, cross-functional experiences, and opportunities for career advancement through personal and professional development.
Our national brand is supported by 7,000+ team members at 17 manufacturing sites and 70+ sales branches across the country who are dedicated to serving our customers with Pella Passion — a way of being that inspires us to go above and beyond for each other, our customers, and our communities. Pella Passion has guided our actions for 95 years and will carry us forward as we capture the rare blend of inspired design and exceptional detail in our work and our lives.
Come join the Pella team where you can do the work you’re most proud of. Production supervisors at Pella jump into a leadership position and guide their team to success while making a direct impact on the business. Our manufacturing teams are passionate about delivering made-to-order windows and doors to our customers. If you want to work for a great company with a strong brand and a vision for the future, Pella Corporation would be a great fit for you. Apply online at pella.com/careers.
Full-time production supervisors receive orientation on the culture of the company and on-the-job training.
- Directly manage 30 – 35 hourly employees
- 2nd shift, up to 10-hour shifts, paid overtime
- Responsible for your department’s safety, quality, and productivity
- Maintain budget for labor efficiencies in department
- Champion continuous improvement in the department (Kaizen, Lean Manufacturing)
- Reward and follow corrective action guidelines as needed with employees
- Interview, hire, train, and develop employees
- The ideal production supervisor will meet the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university or two to five years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Strong team player
- Enthusiasm and the ability to motivate others
- Very organized
- Experience in lean manufacturing and continuous improvement a plus
- Open to relocation
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in the job description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.