Plasma Specialist, 2nd Shift
PURPOSE OF POSITION
Responsible for processing parts using the plasma cutter and oxy/fuel torches by performing duties and responsibilities listed below.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
More specifically, the person will:
- Operate plate cutter in CNC or manual mode.
- Utilize overhead crane to load plate on and off of tables.
- Maximize use of raw materials by assuring minimal scrap or waste.
- Verify accuracy of parts and components to specifications using various measuring instruments, prints, and schedules.
- Coordinate production of parts and components with other departments.
- Stay informed of and track any known materials that need to be ordered.
- Use and understand various paperwork, including schedules, prints, & tech standards.
- Perform routine maintenance and housekeeping.
- Continually participate in additional training related to the job.
- Perform extra assignments in other areas and related task assignments in the work area.
- Continually participate in additional training related to the position.
- Demonstrate regular and consistent attendance.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Be able to demonstrate proficiency in reviewing and understanding various measuring instruments, prints and schedules.
- Must be able to work independently to complete work in a timely manner
- Strong critical thinking, and problem-solving abilities are required
- General computer experience required
- Effectively communicate and understand job instructions both verbally and written
- Ability to perform basic mathematical computations
- Knowledge of CNC machine tools
- Ability to take accurate measurements with calipers and micrometers
- One-year certificate from a college or technical school; or
- three to six months related experience and/or training; or
- equivalent combination of education and experience.