The Material Handler is responsible for storing and distributing materials and products throughout the manufacturing environment utilizing a variety of material handling equipment. This position will be required to read production schedules, customer orders, work orders, shipping orders, and/or requisitions to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed to production work areas. First shift, 8 + hours per day.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate and Drive forklift or other material handling vehicles when necessary to perform duties.
- Conveys materials and items from receiving or production areas to designated areas throughout the manufacturing facility.
- Sorts and places materials on racks, shelves, and/or in bins according to documented standard work, or pre-determined sequence (i/e part number, commodity, size, and/or product code).
- Ensure conformance to standard work and company policy by weighing and/or counting items for distribution.
- Efficiently mark materials with identifying information.
- Opens boxes, crates, and other containers using hand and power tools.
- Prepares and fills customer orders from stock and transport orders to packing stations or shipping department.
- Support 5S System (Lean Manufacturing) organizational goals within the department to seek and suggest ways for continuously improved organization and process efficiency to achieve department performance board metrics.
- Develop solid and trusting relationships by communicating, providing assistance, and information when collaborating with team members in the production facility.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High School diploma or general education degree (GED); and/or equivalent combination of education and experience. One to three months related experience and/or training. Valid Forklift Operator’s License preferred.
Key Skills and Abilities:
- Effective verbal and written communicator, adapting your communication style to your audience. Write routine reports and intra-department communications.
- Effectively read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, memos, and/or blueprints.
- Team player displaying flexibility, helpfulness, and the ability to relate to others.
- Ability to calculate figures and apply concepts of fractions, percentages, and ratios. Capacity to apply concepts of basic algebra, geometry, and statistical quality control.
- Solution-oriented with the ability to create new approaches and processes.
- Skilled at being focus oriented, in planning, prioritization, and time management.
- Ability to collaborate, be informative, flexible, approachable, and provide assistance when working with the public/customers and co-workers.
- Trusted teammate ensuring excellent customer support, satisfaction, and be responsiveness.
- Basic Microsoft Office Suite Skills
- CAD, and other software tools
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Lely North America offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package. Post offer background screen, physical, and drug screen required. Lely North America is an EOE and participant of E-Verify.