PURPOSE OF POSITION
Assist with maintenance, repair, and upgrade of existing assets in addition to maintaining electrical, plumbing, mechanical, and related systems. Determines action plans to comply with internal/external customer demands for reliable processes/equipment to eliminate failures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
More specifically, the employee owner will:
• Assure all safety regulations are followed and adhered to.
• Utilize and enhance PM/TPM programs.
• Assist with installation, operation, maintenance, and repair of all existing assets to ensure that machines, processes, and facility equipment are installed and functioning according to specifications.
• Assist in determining material, equipment, and supplies to be used to maintain facility or production assets.
• Confer with operators and other personnel to implement operating procedures, resolve system malfunctions, and provide technical information.
• Work both independently and as part of a team to troubleshoot and resolve issues.
• Perform extra assignments in other areas and related task assignments in the work area.
• Communicate positively with supervisors, fellow workers, and other internal customers
• Participate in activities, as appropriate, to ensure the success of the organization
• Demonstrate regular and consistent attendance
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, schematics, and computer-generated reports
• Apply problem solving techniques to evaluate and resolve conditions to maximize operating efficiencies.
• Must be able to perform the same work as other Skilled Trades members.
• Proficient in MS Office
• Strong communication and leadership skills required to ensure positive productivity.
EDUCATION – EXPERIENCE – COMPUTER SKILLS
• 1-3 years related experience and/or training; or
• Equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Knowledge in the following areas is considered essential (preferred): welding, painting, oxy-fuel cutting equipment, plasma cutting, sawing, hydraulics, compressed air, electrical (3 phase, 460v), and general machinery operation.
• Ability to read and understand electrical schematic drawings, blueprints, and various maintenance/operation manuals.
TRAINING – CERTIFICATIONS – LICENSES
• Fork lift
• Lock Out Tag Out
To perform this position successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following work competencies:
• Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; uses equipment properly.
• Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves issues in a timely manner.
• Communication Skills – Speaks clearly, listens and receives clarification, responds to questions.
• Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction, and takes responsibility.
• Quality Assurance - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
• Ethics/Professionalism - Treats people with respect; works ethically and with integrity.
• Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures.
• Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to sit, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, smell, and lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The employee is regularly required to hear and talk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (clear at 20 inches or less), distance vision (clear at 20 feet or more), color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors), peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Specific hearing abilities required by this job include the ability to hear alarms of equipment and hear instructions from others.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually LOUD.
• Steel-toed shoes, safety glasses, and hearing protection are required in production areas and when posted.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather), work near moving mechanical parts, work in high, precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, outdoor weather conditions, risk of electrical shock, and work with flammable materials.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee owner for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Precision, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the employer will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourage prospective and current employee owners to discuss potential accommodations with Precision, Inc.