$1,000 SIGN-ON BONUSPosition Summary:
The laser machine operator position safely performs laser cutting and welding for a variety of organizational manufacturing needs.
Principal accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform typical laser processing operations.
- Select proper cutting programs, and proper materials.
- Establish proper stop location, adjust laser beam as required.
- Make proper set-ups for cutting operations.
- Perform prescribed maintenance as required.
- Perform all dimensional inspections.
- Detect and report defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisor.
- May work at different workstations as production needs require.
- Job Knowledge - Competent in required job skills and knowledge; exhibits ability to learn and apply new skills; requires minimal supervision; displays understanding of how job relates to others; uses resources effectively.
- Cooperation - Establishes and maintains effective relations; exhibits tact and consideration; offers assistance and support to co-workers; works cooperatively in group situations; works actively to resolve conflicts.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; completes work in timely manner; strives to increase productivity; works quickly.
- Safety and Security - Uses equipment and materials properly.
- M/G code programming experience preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret CAD blueprints required.
- Ability to use a tape measure and calipers and other measuring devises.
- Add/subtract fractions.
- Machining experience a plus.
- Press brake experience a plus.
- Have a technical aptitude for mechanical equipment.
- Excellent work ethic with minimum supervision and highly organized.
- Ability to work well with others in fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Good written and verbal communication skills that project a positive attitude.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Accountability for one’s own work.
- Reliable with excellent attendance and punctuality.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Ability to work on feet for a 10-hour shift.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. without restriction.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.