$1,000 SIGN-ON BONUSJob Summary:
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, the Custodian will be responsible for cleaning and supplying designated building areas as well as performing and documenting routine inspection and maintenance activities. This role works independently and as part of a team within Maintenance to ensure objectives are achieved.
- Clean and supply designated building areas (dusting, sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, cleaning ceiling vents, office & restroom cleaning etc.).
- Performing and documenting routine inspection and maintenance activities.
- Carrying out heavy cleansing tasks and special projects.
- Clean windows and mirrors.
- Remove waste and empty trash.
- Replenish cleaning supplies.
- Organize janitorial closet.
- Notify management of occurring deficiencies or needs for repairs.
- Knowledge of standard cleaning methods and procedures
- Knowledge of occupational hazards safety rules.
- Ability to stand, walk, and bend for many hours.
- Ability to perform repetitive motion for long periods of time.
- Experience with using cleaning equipment, including vacuum cleaners, floor buffers, and cleaning solutions.
- Ability to lift heavy objects, climb ladders and work at particular heights.
- Good written and verbal communication skills that convey information effectively with a positive attitude.
- Ability to work well with others in fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Excellent work ethic with minimal supervision.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Previous janitorial experience a plus.
- Ability to work on feet for a 10-hour shift.
- Must be able to lift, push and pull up to 50lbs. without restriction.
- Ability to operate power equipment such as fork truck, riding scrubber.