$1,000 SIGN-ON BONUSJob Summary:
LDJ Manufacturing is home to the Thunder Creek Equipment brand of premium diesel fuel and service solutions. We are an industry leader known for our uncompromising quality and reliability. LDJ is a family-owned company with strong Midwest roots and values and a passion to develop, manufacture, and market innovative solutions that provide value to our customers in the agricultural and industrial industries throughout the United States.
Reporting to the Product Engineering Manager, the CAD designer utilizes existing components to create custom solutions for our customer’s fuel, DEF and lube transportation and dispensing requirements. As the key connection point between the custom quoting process and manufacturing, this position ensures all customer requirements have been met with the design and are clearly detailed for both procurement and manufacturing. This position will also work with Manufacturing and Quality through the different processes as technical support for the final build and final product check off.
- Exhibit LDJ’s core values and culture in all aspects of the job.
- Complete drawings as required for both new and existing products.
- Configure custom products from existing components using SolidWorks.
- Create assembly drawings and 3D renderings for production.
- Provide support to production as required.
- Process and complete Engineering Change Orders (ECO).
- Assist in drafting for design changes to current and custom products.
- Assist in management of CAD data, file structure, part names, and part numbers.
- Develop and maintain bill of materials (BOM).
- Additional duties as assigned by manager.
- Highly proficient in operating SolidWorks CAD software.
- Ability to think critically to solve problems.
- Ability to communicate engineering requirements.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Practical mechanical aptitude to understand the functionality of machinery and equipment.
- Ability to work with multiple functional groups to coordinate the flow of information.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask to meet deadlines and customer expectations.
- Proficient computer skills using Microsoft Office Suite and business software.
Education and Experience:
- Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent in design technology, drafting, engineering technology, or similar field; or
- Minimum of one-year related experience; or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
This position requires minimal travel, but it is preferred to have the ability to travel up to 5% of the time with a valid driver’s license.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and talk or hear. Air travel for this job is of four to eight hours. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds without restrictions. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.