PURPOSE OF POSITION
Assemble shafts and bearings according to company and customer specifications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
More specifically, the person will:
- Assemble parts and components according to company and customer specifications.
- Perform installation of bearings, SSP, and other items to complete department tasks.
- Carry out general inspection of pulleys, bearings, and shafts; insuring quality and technical standards are met.
- Prepare parts and install component and products for shipping.
- Assure parts and components are accurate according to company and/or customer specifications using measuring devices including but not limited to tape measure, caliper, and dial indicator.
- Operate various hand-held power and air tools.
- Use and understand various paperwork including but not limited to bill of lading, prints, schedules, packing lists, shipping orders, and return goods authorization.
- Continually participate in additional training related to the job.
- Perform extra assignments in other areas and related task assignments in the work area.
- Perform housekeeping in area including but not limited to sweeping, moping, and cleaning tools and machines.
- Communicate positively with supervisors, fellow workers, and other internal customers
- Perform routine maintenance and cleaning
- Regular, consistent attendance.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Proficient use of math skills
- Ability to accurately utilize measuring devices including but not limited to a tape measure, micrometer, caliper, and dial indicator.
- Ability to safely and properly operate hand-held power tools.
- Have basic ability to read and understand blueprints and/or order specifications.
- Demonstrate mechanical aptitude and ability to solve problems using training, experience and reasoning skills
- High school diploma or a general education degree (GED); or
- one to three months related experience and/or training; or
- equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Forklift license
To perform this position successfully, individual should demonstrate the following work competencies:
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Uses equipment properly.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves issues in a timely manner.
- Communication Skills – Speaks clearly, listens and receives clarification, respond to questions.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction, and takes responsibility.
- Quality Assurance - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Ethics/Professionalism - Treats people with respect; Works ethically and with integrity.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures.
- Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee:
- Must be able to frequently stoop/bend.
- Must be able to regularly use hands and arms.
- Must be able to regularly stand and walk.
- Must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds of equipment with assist available.
- Must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds of equipment with assist available.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision.
The noise level in the work environment is LOUD.
Steel toe shoes, safety glasses, rubber gloves, grinding shield, hoist, and earplugs
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Precision, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, The Employer will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages prospective employees and incumbents to discuss potential accommodations with Precision, Inc