Accounts Receivable Specialist
$1,000 SIGN-ON BONUSPosition Summary:
LDJ Manufacturing is home to the Thunder Creek Equipment brand of diesel fuel and service trailers. LDJ is a family-owned company, with strong Midwest roots and values, and a mission to develop, manufacture, and market innovative products that provide value to our customers in the agricultural, construction, and oil industries.
Reporting to the Accounting Manager, this position will be responsible for ensuring that the company receives payment for goods and services offered to customers.
- Prepares, posts, verifies, and records customer payments and transactions related to accounts receivable.
- Creates invoices according to company practices; submits invoices to customers.
- Determines taxability and assesses correct sales tax on items invoiced; maintains sales tax exemption documentation according to regulation.
- Maintains and updates customer files, including name or address changes, mergers, or mailing attentions.
- Works with Accounting Manager to identify delinquent accounts and makes initial contact with delinquent accountholders to request payment.
- Creates reports regarding the current status of customer accounts as requested.
- Research customer discrepancies and past-due amounts with the assistance of the Accounting Manager and other staff.
- Collaborates with the Accounting Manager to reconcile accounts receivable on a periodic basis.
- Assists in generating monthly billing statements based on the general ledger.
- Assists Accounting Manager in reconciling revenue accounts each month.
- Copies, files, and retrieves materials for accounts receivable as needed.
- Relays changes of information to appropriate employees.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Ideal Candidate will possess the following skill/qualities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software as well as other accounting software programs.
- Ability to operate related office equipment, such as computers, 10-key calculator, and copier.
- Ability to work independently and in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to anticipate work needs and interact professionally with customers.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
Education & Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Associates or bachelor’s degree in accounting preferred.
- At least two years of related experience required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, talk, and hear. There will be prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds without restrictions. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.