PURPOSE OF POSITION
Provide college level students an opportunity to build problem-solving and real-world experience through hands on application of engineering work. With direction from Engineers this person will be responsible for designing, detailing, drafting and/or modeling of products for quotes, orders and/or Engineering projects by performing duties and responsibilities listed below.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
More specifically, the employee owner will:
- Draft and design computer-aided design (CAD) and Solid models and drawings. Troubleshoot engineering-related problems in manufacturing.
- Produce designs and drawings on products and equipment. Produce diagrams, bill of materials, schematics and assemblies with supporting information (weight, tolerance, specifications, etc. in support of overall design.)
- Perform proper calculations using company standards to ensure projects meet equipment specifications, in support of overall design.
- Perform other engineering-related task such as manufacturing support, install support, layout work, supplier contact.
- Check work to ensure accuracy of spelling, drawing format and organization, dimension and tolerance specification, and organization of engineering process.
- Provide timely updates and communication for drawing/design completion and workload.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- College level understanding of design and modeling for fabrication.
- Mechanically Inclined Individual. Knowledge and previous experience and/or training in SolidWorks, DraftSight or similar 3D programs. Solid skill set in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- Detail oriented, thorough, organized, with the ability to complete projects on time.
- Self-starter, motivated, critical thinker, solid work ethic with the ability to create, change, and design products to meet customer specifications.
- Ability to work and communicate with individuals and groups at varying levels of the organization.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong academic candidates, demonstrated by a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Pursuing bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university in engineering.
- AutoCAD, SolidWorks, DraftSight experience. Or experience with other CAD and 3D solid modeling software.