Business Intelligence Developer
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Business Intelligence Developer is a contributing member of the Business Analytics team and works closely with, and has exposure to, all areas and levels of the business. The BI Developer will perform a variety of duties to identify the most impactful way for data and analytics to drive decision making and accelerate profitable growth through increased visibility and understanding. The BI Developer is expected to gain familiarity and knowledge of PPI proprietary data assets to deliver enterprise-wide data and reporting solutions with emphasis on report development, data quality and clarity of information.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
More specifically, the employee owner will:
• Use various quantitative and qualitative methods to analyze business and financial performance, define report requirements and develop visualizations throughout the organization.
• Leverage Tableau toolset to create and publish impactful representations of data through analytical dashboards, ad-hoc reporting and predictive models.
• Use statistical methods to interpret data sets, paying particular attention to trends and patterns that could be valuable for diagnostic and predictive analytics efforts.
• Collaborate regularly with team members to maintain the accuracy and impact of existing content with emphasis on design, access, usage, and security.
• Continually refine content and data solutions to drive awareness, content and understanding.
• Maintain forecasting models and prepare reports that show business potential across various divisions and locations.
• Act as an internal data steward and champion maintaining the quality of the data while providing technical support and understanding to stakeholders.
• Create technical documentation and training materials pertaining to BI tool usage/interface, data terminology and report content.
• Continually participate in additional training related to the job.
• Perform extra assignments in other areas and related task assignments in the work area.
• Demonstrate regular, consistent attendance.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Analytical thinking – ability to analyze large quantities of data to produce effective reports based upon end-user requests.
• Team collaboration – ability to work closely with sales, marketing, and operations teams to deliver the appropriate content to increase visibility and awareness to business conditions.
• Technical expertise - knowledge of data models, report development and design methodology, data mining and segmentation techniques. Experience with financial data systems and modeling a plus.
• Data visualization proficiency - practical experience and knowledge interpreting and creating data sets, developing reports and publishing content using Tableau or similar visualization tools.
• Problem-solving skills – effective problem-solving skills are vital in this role; the developer needs to identify and correct errors and inconsistencies to deliver the most comprehensive solutions.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills - this position requires significant collaboration and coordination with business users to deliver the appropriate data solutions.
• Mathematics – this position requires excellent mathematical skills to derive insights from data and utilize them to develop models and reports for business consumption.
• Sales and Financial forecasting – develop/maintain a range of forecasting models to assist with corporate budgets and planning, that reflect seasonal and promotional pricing strategies.
EDUCATION – EXPERIENCE – COMPUTER SKILLS
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Statistics or related field.
• A minimum of 5 years related experience in business intelligence, data analysis or report development; equivalent work experience will be considered.
TRAINING – CERTIFICATIONS – LICENSES
• Experience with data visualization tools with knowledge of Tableau software products; specifically, Tableau Desktop and Server.
Click here for a full description
Click here for a full description