Human Resources Generalist - HRIS/Recruiting
Responsible to the Director of Human Resources for the operation of human resources policies and programs with emphasis on recruitment and staffing. Maintains all employment records in HRIS (Colleague) system, implementing process improvements, ensuring data quality, and analyzing and reporting of data. Supports the administrative functions of the office. Access to highly confidential employment information.
Essential Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Recruitment and Staffing:
- Maintain applicant tracking system and posting of staff positions
- Provide support to the hiring departments regarding hiring practices, policies, and procedures.
- Prepare letters of appointment, establish personnel files, and communicate onboarding information to new hires.
- Submit pre-employment background checks and schedule post offer work screens and physicals for employees, as required.
- Conduct new hire orientations for part-time employees and adjunct faculty.
- Maintain physical and electronic employment records in Colleague database
- Communicate new hire, termination, and retirement to internal constituencies
- Maintain annual vacation and sick leave allotments for staff
- Design and maintain the HR SharePoint site
- Coordinate the staff performance evaluation and job description process.
- Compile employment data using analytical tools to prepare reports and documents required by IPEDS, CUPA-HR, Iowa Workforce Development, insurance carriers, and surveys.
- Assist with recordkeeping management by maintaining files and managing document retention requirements and storage of documents.
- Coordinate departmental email, mailings, and communications.
- Supervises department student worker(s) training, projects, and assignments.
- Administrator of portal for Title IX, protect minors, DEI and other required training for all employees.
- Designated Employer Representative, coordinating communications and appointments for random quarterly drug and alcohol testing. Maintains records to ensure legal compliance.
- Maintain knowledge of employment policies and procedures.
- Maintain the copier, fax, and office supplies.
- Bachelor's degree preferred in business management, human resource management or related field, or Associate degree with 5-7 years effective experience and PHR/SHRM-CP certification.
- Previous experience in database applications with proficiency in query and report writing tools preferred.
- Strong organization skills; Proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint applications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
Please contact Human Resources with questions by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 641-628-5199.