HRIS and Benefits Specialist
PURPOSE OF POSITION
Responsible to administer and implement benefits and payroll practices, policies, procedures and objectives that support our strategic plan. Oversee the HRIS system and manage security, report writing and answering system related questions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
More specifically, the employee owner will:
- Process/Onboard new hires including printing and filing of necessary documents
- Oversee system configuration (i.e., setting up companies, earnings codes, etc.)
- Knowledge of Federal, State and Local laws and upcoming legislation changes that impact our benefits and payroll
- Initiate problem solving and answering inquires for employees and other Human Resources contacts regarding payroll and benefit questions
- Administer benefits (new hires, changes, terminations)
- Manage hourly payroll processes for assigned locations
- Assist with hourly performance evaluation process
- Process QDRO paperwork/forms/communication
- Administer Disability (STD and LTD); Assist HR Reps with FMLA
- Conduct Data Analysis, including but not limited to: wages, benefits, head counts, turnover rates and demographics
- Knowledge of HR system to set-up security, report functions, answer technical questions and resolve system issues
- Train/Assist employees and managers with HR system (reset passwords, logging in, basic overview)
- Assist with Open Enrollment including employee meetings, supporting employees with elections, and analysis
- Maintain personnel files
- Support other departments like accounting to answer payroll and system related questions
- Provide back-up and assistance to other functions of HR as needed
- Continually participate in additional training in Human Resources field.
- Perform extra assignments in other areas as related task assignments in the work area.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Ability to use honesty and discretion when handling business information.
- Ability to operate independently and collaboratively within a team.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Engage in regular, consistent attendance.
- Five plus years related experience and/or training; or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience; or
- Four-year post-secondary education degree.
- Technical aptitude to work with systems.