Site Supervisor 1 - Full Time
Your Blood. Your Hospital. Your Neighbors
Want to develop a career while helping to save lives? LifeServe Blood Center currently has a full-time opening on our Pella Donor Services team as a Site Supervisor. The supervisor is responsible for supervising donor services collection team members to ensure blood collection goals are met by overseeing processes designed to provide donor care, efficient donor collections, and proper resource utilization.
Employees in this position are eligible for a full benefit package including medical, dental, vision, critical illness and supplemental insurance. Approximately 3+ weeks of Paid Time Off (PTO) will start to accrue on day 1, as well as an employer-matched retirement program.
Primary Responsibilities for this Position Include:
- Supervises and assesses that personnel perform assigned duties in compliance with all policies, processes, and procedures.
- Leads and performs decision-making duties for donor site processes and activities.
- Performs technical duties for donor screening, blood collection and automation production for all donation types.
- Provides expertise to handle all questions regarding donor selection, venipuncture, automation, and donor questions.
- Promotes employee retention and professional growth by providing a positive and supportive culture and environment.
- Authority to recommend personnel decisions such as hiring, promotion, performance evaluation, coaching, disciplinary action, and terminations.
- Facilitates employee development by providing feedback, coaching and mentoring with the coordination of management.
- Ensures team members have adequate training to perform designated duties.
- Provides overall facility oversight with the help of the facilities team for repairs, maintenance, temperature control issues, and any additional facility issues that may need to be addressed.
Education and/or Experience:
- Associates degree or LifeServe leadership experience of 3+ years required.
- Preferred experience of 3+ years in current LifeServe Donor Services position.
- Previous supervisory experience is preferred.
- Current in CPR required.
- Medical background/healthcare experience/medical terminology/CNA required
- Current Driver's license and motor vehicle report meet insurability requirements.
LifeServe Blood Center is fully committed to equal employment opportunity. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected status.