This position is primarily responsible for the administration of the facility’s payroll processing under the direction of the Human Resource Director. He/She will serve as the primary contact for employees with payroll questions/concerns. Responsible for accurate and timely data entry of employee information in the HRIS system and timekeeping system. He/She will also be responsible for investigating changes/updates to payroll/tax laws, maintaining appropriate recordkeeping and implementing new changes for employees. The Payroll Coordinator will also assist in responding to and being knowledgeable of other functions of the Human Resources office.
Minimum knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Prefer Associates Degree or higher education in related field of study or equivalent experience.
- Payroll Certification a plus or willing to achieve.
- A minimum of 1-3 years of prior experience in payroll/bookkeeping/accounting.
- Healthcare experience is desired.
- Requires knowledge of FLSA, DOL, IRS, Wage and Hour and other state and federal employment laws.
- Requires good math/accounting aptitude.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to read and communicate effectively in English.
- Must demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively with employees at all levels of the organization.
- High level of reasoning, problem solving, decision making skills.
- High-level computer skills to include Word, Excel, and HRIS (Meditech).
- Collaborates and works well as part of a team.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Must be able to complete tasks independently and utilize good judgment when making decisions.