Athletic Trainer - PRN
Responsible for assessing and administering physical therapy modalities of treatment as prescribed by a licensed physician and under the supervision of a licensed physical therapist. Administers treatments as prescribed by a referring physician in an effort to restore function and prevent disability following injury, disease or physical disability focusing on sports injuries. Assists patients to reach their maximum performance and level of functioning, while learning to live within the limits of their capabilities. Participates in operational aspects of the department, maintains performance improvement activities within the department and participates in CQI activities. Provides input in formulating budget, assists in evaluating department performance versus budget controls and takes appropriate action to remain in budget guidelines. Ensures that patient charges are accurate and entered on a timely basis.
Minimum knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Undergraduate degree in athletic training from an accredited institution.
- Licensed as an Athletic Trainer in the State of Iowa.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience athletic training services to children, adolescents and/or adults.
- Experience in providing physical therapy outpatient services is preferred.
- Current BCLS certification.
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Knowledge of physical medicine, physical therapy modalities, anatomy and physiology.
- Knowledge of physical therapy equipment operation and maintenance.