Central Market Shift Manager
Responsible to the Central Market Manager for acting as the leader on duty of the Central Market on an as needed or rotating basis.
Shifts are daytime, 1-2 nights per week, rotating weekends. Be on call during assigned weekends
- Supervise student, part time and full-time staff during mealtimes, opening and closing hours.
- Be able to delegate jobs to be efficient and maintain good time management.
- Ensure all food lines meet regulations regarding temperatures and display.
- Communicate with cooking staff when items need attention or are getting low.
- Set-up, clean and prepare for the next meal.
- Be aware and flexible with duties as they arise.
- Troubleshoot and make professional decisions regarding situations.
- Ensure staff is operating safely and communicate any issues with appropriate manager as needed.
- Help Central Market Manager with any additional duties as assigned.
- Training beyond high school or equivalent experience plus1-2 years dining service experience, but not limited to a restaurant or a similar setting.
- Ability to lift, pull, and push up to 50 lbs. and stand up to four hours.