Responsible to the Director of Food Service for managing catering events. This includes but not limited to employee supervision, event coordination, sales, and menu planning.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Guide customers through the whole process of planning the catering for their event.
- Hire, schedule and train staff for catering events.
- Assist Senior Events Coordinator with work study and high school students scheduling and training.
- Supervise kitchen operations for events.
- Work with kitchen staff on developing recipes.
- Assist in writing the menu.
- Assist catering coordinators and kitchen staff w/ extra work when necessary
- Develop cleaning schedules and procedures.
- Collaborate with the Operations Manager on invoicing, accounts receivable and financial reports.
- Develop and maintain marketing strategies through email, social media etc.
- Assist with Central Market, Fred's or Café events when necessary.
- Must be organized and detail oriented.
- Requires the ability to be flexible and adaptable to change
- Shift hours may vary, including evenings, weekends, and college closure periods.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent, in food service or related field, plus a minimum of 2 years effective experience preferred.
Ability to lift, pull or push up to 50 pounds and have a valid driver's license.