Catering Events Coordinator
Responsible to the Catering Manager for supervision of and participation in catering events.
- Manage catering events as the main supervisor or as part of a management team
- Fulfill daily catering orders including delivery, set up, service and clean up.
- Monitor catering event staff including student employees
- Assist in documenting event details.
- Assist with inventory and ordering of catering supplies.
- Assist Catering Manager in planning catering events
- Acquire an understanding and knowledge of catering menus
- Assist Catering Manager with menu planning as needed
- Assist in training employees
- Specialize in different aspects of catering business (i.e. food presentation, garnishing, and customer relations).
- Shift hours may vary, including evenings, weekends, and college closure periods.
- High School degree plus two years food service/catering supervisory experience.
- Ability to lift, pull, push up to 50 pounds, stand and/or walk for sustained periods of time.
- Must have excellent communication and interactive skills.
- ServSafe knowledge.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including days, evenings and weekends.
- Must be willing to step in and assist other workers with all aspects of the operation.
- Demonstrate a network of caring relationships by showing respect for others, being dependable and promoting cooperation with others in the work environment.
- Be your best self by being accountable for responsibilities, adapting well to change and maintaining the highest standards of business ethics.
- Perform job responsibilities on campus to support the residential college environment.
- Strive to perform as effectively as possible while maintaining a high level of quality and promoting personal growth and development.
- Respect and comply with college rules and policies, including participation in required training courses; report any suspected violations of the Title IX policy to the Title IX Coordinator.
- Perform under general supervision, regular work assignments within standard practice where a definite objective has been set.
Contact email@example.com or 641-628-5300 with questions.