Cashier and Service Assistant
Smash Park Pella is looking for part-time Cashier and Service Assistant for our location in Pella Iowa, Iowa!
As Front of House Support for Smash Park Pella, a typical day might include the following:
• Greeting guests as you encounter them and helping them feel welcome and comfortable
• Bussing tables and keeping your eyes peeled for opportunities to maintain a clean and welcoming environment
• Maintaining inventory and bar supplies; keeping the bar area clean and ready to host new guests as they arrive
• Making sure the bartenders have everything they need at all times: glasses, garnishes, stocked bottles, etc.
• Cleaning food and drink spills or hopping to the walk-in to get more bottles; acting as good lookouts
• Lifting up to 50 pounds of ice and carrying it across the venue, to deliver to each of the bar areas
• Answering questions that guests have regarding drinks, food, the game of Pickleball, or other questions about our awesome venue
• Communicating and working closely with other team members, always staying focused on wowing guests
This Job Might Be For You If:
• You have a working knowledge and some awesome experience in a barback or busser position.
• You have extraordinary people skills, you take pride in your work, and you enjoy creating positive and memorable experiences for your customers.
• You thrive on multi-tasking in a very busy environment.
• You enjoy solving problems, and love taking on difficult challenges and finding creative solutions.
• You thrive when working with an awesome team of people all focused on the same goals.
• You are patient, level-headed and cool under pressure.
• You pay attention to details. As far as you’re concerned, anything worth doing is worth doing right, every single time. You stay focused, and nothing falls through the cracks on your watch.
• You think on your feet. You like learning new things, and you can learn quickly. When things change, you know how to roll with the punches.
• You communicate clearly. You speak eloquently. You can explain just about anything to anyone, and you’re comfortable communicating with all types of people and personalities.
• You are motivated and driven. You volunteer for new challenges without waiting to be asked. You take ownership of the time you spend with us and truly make a difference.
• You enjoy a flexible schedule, you have full availability on nights and weekends, and you’re perfectly comfy with a schedule that changes from week to week.
To land this gig, you need to have some bussing or barback experience, and be ready to start organizing! It doesn’t have to be traditional busser or barback experience. Volunteer work and side projects count. Just make sure we can see where you picked up your barback or bussing super powers somewhere in your cover letter or resume.
Tips + Gratuity:
This position includes a shared tip pool. Distribution is based on position and number of hours worked. Every private event includes 20% gratuity for all drinks and catered food. 100% gratuity to be shared among servers, bartenders, cashiers and hosts.