Assistant Catering Manager
Responsible to the Catering Manager for assisting in all functions of the catering operation. This includes but not limited to employee supervision, event coordination, sales, and menu planning.
- Assist in planning and developing catering events and preparing event proposals.
- Plan and manage events in absence of the Catering Manager.
- Assist with supervising support staff and student employees for catering events.
- Train employees on proper procedures for events.
- Develop and maintain positive professional relationships with our internal and external customers.
- Assist in writing catering menu and recipe development.
- Facilitate catering meetings in absence of the Catering Manager.
- Assist with food preparation and clean-up.
- Establish knowledge and ownership of the catering software and billing process.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and represent the college in a professional manner.
- Assist with marketing initiatives to promote operation.
- Adhere to safety and sanitation procedures and regulations.
- Assist with special projects as assigned.
- Associates degree in related field or equivalent experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word and Outlook.
- Excellent analytical and planning skills.
- Night and weekend availability required.
- Valid driver's license required..
- Ability to lift, pull and push up to 50 pounds.