Would you enjoy being part of a team whose role is to continually assess and identify potential risks to the organization? If so, then Leighton State Bank has a great opportunity for you in our Risk Management department.
Since this position plays an integral part in the success of the bank, we are seeking motivated team members who are detail oriented, analytical, emphasize accuracy and have strong accounting and problem-solving skills.
Risk Specialist: Support the Risk Officer to continually assess and identify potential risks to the bank in the areas of regulatory compliance and oversight; information technology and cyber-security; and finance created by dynamic environments. Assist the Risk Officer through collaboration with management, in coordinating with third parties, auditors and regulators as they assess the bank in its efforts and programs designed to control identified risks. Support efforts to maintain and achieve accuracy, efficiency, organization and structure within the risk management department. Assist in the administration of the bank’s Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) in order to maintain a high level of compliance and risk mitigation.
Position Accountabilities Include:
- Assist the Risk Officer in developing risk control efforts in such a way that they minimize the impact to the bank’s customers.
- Provide timely support to bank management and staff when they encounter unique situations requiring research and direction in complying with applicable regulation.
- Achieve a growing base of knowledge on regulations and law that the bank is required to comply with on an ongoing basis.
- Assist in implementing and maintaining a comprehensive compliance management program that facilitates ongoing regulatory compliance and effectively monitors ongoing compliance efforts.
- Assist the Risk Officer in the coordination, implementation and monitoring of controls that limit bank financial exposures.
- Assist the Risk Officer in coordinating the bank’s response and preparation for regulatory examinations and third-party audits.
- Assist the BSA Officer to develop, implement, and administer the BSA monitoring systems to ensure that appropriate parameters are in place to identify suspicious and/or fraudulent activity.
- Assist the Risk Officer in efforts to comply with FFIEC guidelines and regulations such that the IT infrastructure, policies, practices and procedures are maintained in a format that follows industry best practices and is compliant with applicable regulation.
Leighton State Bank
Attn: HR Dept.
900 Washington Street
Pella, IA 50219
View this position online: www.leightonbank.com
Leighton State Bank is an equal opportunity employer