The custodian is part of an energetic team that is responsible for cleaning various college academic, residential, and administrative support facilities. Openings for 4:00am to 12:30pm and 5:00am to 1:30pm, Monday - Friday with occasional weekend work.
Typical Responsibilities Include:
1. Dust and polish furniture, window sills, door frames, woodwork, etc.
2. Vacuum carpet, furniture, drapes, etc. Remove spots from carpets. Mop hallways, bathrooms, stairways, etc. Strip, wax, and burnish hard floors as required.
3. Wash windows, door glass, and mirrors. Scrub walls, blinds, etc.
4. Arrange chairs and tables for various meetings, if needed.
5. Clean restrooms. Disinfect areas. Replenish supplies.
6. Gather garbage / recycling material and transport to collection locations, replace trash can liners.
7. Change light bulbs, tighten screws on light fixtures, clean faucet / shower head aerators.
8. Shovel snow.
9. Report maintenance problems.
Other expectations Include:
10. Consistently demonstrate a positive attitude.
11. Must be open and adaptable to change.
12. Must work cooperatively and respectively with the people you work with.
13. Perform other related duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent. Must be able to read, write, add, subtract, and follow instructions. Requires a minimum of three (3) months of related work experience.
Position requires walking and moving for the entire work period, except for breaks. Ability to lift, pull, or push up to 50 pounds, must be able to twist, bend and squat, stand up to four hours, use and climb a ladder and perform job functions that require repetitive motion on a daily basis.