Project Planning Manager
PURPOSE OF POSITION
Accountable for planning resources, preparing budgets, monitoring progress, executing deliverables and keeping stakeholders informed throughout the project lifecycle.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
More specifically, the employee owner will:
• Work with leadership to oversee and support strategic plan initiatives.
• Work and collaborate with the appropriate individuals to make sure that assigned projects are receiving the needed support and resources.
• Monitor and follow-up on projects as assigned.
• Implement a consistent process across the organization for project management and action planning.
• Lead teams and projects to achieve targeted goals using lean and statistical tools.
• Train and coach employees on the techniques and tools for project management.
• Collect and analyze data using Excel and other computer software information in support of projects.
• Good communication and writing skills.
• Lead project updates and status meetings.
• Domestic and International travel to other locations required up to 50%.
• Continually participate in additional training related to the job
• Perform extra assignments in other areas and related task assignments in the work area.
• Demonstrate regular, consistent attendance.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Proficient with Microsoft products Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
• Detail oriented, thorough, organized, with the ability to manage projects on time and within budget.
• Self-starter, motivated, critical thinker, solid work ethic.
• Demonstrate strong and effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of the company.
• Excellent leadership in project updates and status meetings.
• Ability to work cross-functionally to drive business initiatives.
• Ability to produce accurate, professional and error-free work in a timely manner.
• Maintain a high level of integrity and confidentiality.
• Engage in regular, consistent attendance.
EDUCATION – EXPERIENCE – COMPUTER SKILLS
• Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) from a four-year college or university or;
• Five plus years related experience and/or training; or
• Equivalent combination of education and experience.
TRAINING – CERTIFICATIONS – LICENSES
• Project Management Certification required
• CI, Lean or Six Sigma Experience and/or certification desirable
Click here for full details of this position.