The events coordinator is the primary contact for annual and special events originating from the advancement office and often serving wider institutional efforts. Leading with a spirit of hospitality, empathy and the Central brand, the events coordinator will thoughtfully and meticulously plan details for large and small scale events, customized individual visits and work in partnership with advancement team members and college colleagues.
- Plan and organize intentional events including educational and engaging alumni events, campaign focused events, major donor celebrations and large-scale events at the college such as Homecoming, scholarship dinner, Heritage Day, HooRah Day and more.
- Manage legacy program, birthday and anniversary communications.
- Provide leadership and energy to the student alumni association and engage our members and ambassadors in events.
- Track with special college anniversaries and celebrations, national championships, individual and team athletics records, and major milestones in the history of the college.
- Learn internal systems (example: Blackbaud FPM) to support work of the team.
- Engage with alumni, donors, and guests with Central spirit during signature college events such as Homecoming and also personalized visits to campus.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of event planning experience and education preferred.
- Professional communication skills, organizational skills, and time management skills with keen attention to detail.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office professional and willingness to learn internal systems.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure with flexibility.
- Thorough knowledge of office practices and procedures with care for confidentiality.
- Service-orientated with a heart for others.
- Interest in and curiosity for all aspects of education and a dedication to building relationships with faculty, staff, students, volunteers, alumni, donors and colleagues.
- Ability to develop rapport quickly and communicate effectively and assertively with a wide variety of personalities.
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively.
- Ability to work as a part of a team.
- Professional attitude and appearance.
Please contact Human Resources with questions by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 641-628-5199.