Reporting to the Director of Annual Giving and Alumni Engagement, the Development Specialist will plan communications and events for alumni and donor cultivation while providing direct oversight of crowdfunding programs.
Hours: Regular hours are 8 am-5 pm, Monday-Friday. This position requires some evening and weekend hours.
- Plan cultivation and engagement events for alumni, donors, and prospective donors.
- Draft letters and prepare emails for alumni, parents, and donors using Emma software and Microsoft Word.
- Oversee Central's crowdfunding program, including serving as the primary contact for campus partners. Actively promote the crowdfunding program with campus constituents to identify potential projects and generate overall interest and support. Prepare direct mail and email solicitations in support of crowdfunding projects.
- Manage and coordinate Central's student philanthropy programs including the senior class gift and student alumni association.
- Manage Central's alumni legacy program including monthly mailings.
- Assist in the planning and hosting of the college's signature events, including Homecoming, Giving Days, and Scholarship Dinner.
- Support other annual giving and alumni engagement activities under the direction of the Director of Annual Giving and Alumni Engagement.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university and a minimum of one to three years of experience, preferably in higher education or not-for-profit organizations.
A post-offer background check will be completed.
Contact the Human Resources department at Central with application questions by calling 641-628-5156 or email email@example.com