PURPOSE OF POSITION
Design and provide technical support for specific products and processes related to the development of products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
More specifically, the employee owner will:
- Execute product extension, cost reduction and new product creation projects under the direction of their supervisor.
- Formulate creative and efficient design solutions maintaining structural integrity of the product while optimizing customer desires, feature requirements, cost and manufacturing throughput goals.
- Plan, delegate and schedule work to be performed, which includes monitoring and communicating to those performing work delegated, or happening in other areas to assure timelines are met (i.e., material acquisition, outsourced drafting, MRP system loading, production planning).
- Provide technical support, field application support, training and technical data to all other areas of the company as needed to meet or exceed our customers’ expectations.
- Analyze and comprehend engineering concepts related to steel fabrication design. Competence shall include, but not be limited to, the following: static stress analysis, mechanics of materials, and mechanical component design.
- Use computer assisted equipment for design and creation of drawings of products.
- Maintain and improve products, processes, and communication tools.
- Plan and execute given tasks in a timely manner and within deadlines.
- Provide technical information to production, inventory, purchasing, sales, and other internal customers.
- Develop bills of materials, manufacturing routings, and standards for products.
- Domestic and International travel may be required (less than 10%).
- Continually participate in additional training related to the job.
- Perform extra assignments in other areas and related task assignments in the work area.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to perform all tasks in a safe manner.
- Effectively communicate and understand job instructions both verbally and written.
- Must be able to work independently and as a team to complete work in a timely manner.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced environment.
- Ability to follow Precision’s policies and procedures implied and expressed.
- Regular, consistent attendance.
- Technical Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, or similar (B.S.) from a four-year college or university and three to five years related experience and/or training; or,
- An equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Valid driver license required.
- Capable of acquiring proficiency in Auto-CAD and SOLIDWORKS and SW PDM software.
- Capable of acquiring proficiency in FEA software.
- Capable of acquiring proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint software.
- Capable of acquiring MSHA Safety Training certificate.
- Capable of acquiring a passport without travel restrictions in North and South America.