As a member of the Student Support Services (SSS) team, the tutoring coordinator organizes, trains, and supervises tutors and student discipline-specific supplemental instructors. The coordinator performs assigned administrative functions to support the SSS program and reports to the Director of SSS. This exempt, 10-month position (August 1 - May 31) works afternoons, 20 hours per week M-F.
Central College seeks a dynamic, student-centered tutoring coordinator to support student success through the federally funded TRIO grant for Student Services Support. The successful candidate joins a talented team of three all of whom work to support learning enrichment at Central. Responsibilities include:
- Hire, train, schedule, supervise and evaluate peer tutors and student supplemental instructors.
- Compile statistics and maintain databases for office and college reports, and for grant projects.
- Maintain communication systems assuring that services and referral information is effectively conveyed to students, faculty, and staff.
- In collaboration with the Director of Student Support Services and the Director of Writing, develop and assess specific and measurable outcomes for services offered.
- Provide support for the SSS program and SSS students including individualized tutoring, group tutoring, and proctoring of exams for students with accommodations.
- Actively collaborate with other offices and departments to enhance academic support.
The successful candidate will have a bachelor's degree, preferably with at least one year of experience in higher education. Central personnel are expected to demonstrate the necessary interpersonal skills to maintain effective working relationships with a diverse group of students, faculty, and staff. Demonstrated planning and organizational skills, proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint as well as Microsoft Teams and/or Zoom. Experience with completing work within deadlines with complete confidentiality is required.
Click here for full details and for application instructions.