Student Involvement Coordinator
At Central College in Pella, Iowa, the Office of Student Development is seeking a Student Involvement Coordinator to support and enhance the student co-curricular experience at Central. This position will advance student development at Central by creating and implementing campus programs, through supervision of the Campus Activities Board, by supporting student clubs and organizations, and assisting with the planning and delivery of other student development initiatives
Supervision, Advising, and Training
- Recruit, hire, train, supervise and develop the Campus Activities Board team of student leaders
- Develop and deliver presentations to groups
- Assist with hiring, training, and supervising of Student Involvement Assistants
- Oversee the administration of and serve as a resource to existing and new student organizations in collaboration with Student Senate such as areas of events, contracts, budgets, fundraising, collaboration, and leadership development
- Develop and facilitate student leadership training and opportunities.
- Coordinate social, cultural, and wellness co-curricular events
- Assist with campus-wide events and traditions including Late Night Central
- Research, develop, implement, and assess programs
- Provide support, training, and guidance for student-led DEI programming initiatives
- Oversee/assist with the physical setup, technical aspects, and execution of events.
- Communicate effectively and work collaboratively within the College as well as with diverse populations and groups
- Manage Central College Dutch Connect application content and enhance the student user experience through the implementation of student feedback and leveraging current social media trends
- Develop marketing materials and assessment efforts
- Represent Student Involvement at meetings and events
- Use computers effectively - including inputting, reviewing, and retrieving information, extended periods of the viewing screen, and using mouse and keyboard
- Use critical thinking to make decisions and/or analyze data
- Inventory materials and supplies, make purchases, and monitor expenditures
- Identify areas of improvement and recommend solutions
- Bachelor's degree in a related field required with a minimum one-year professional experience
- Strong organizational skills, excellent oral and written communication skills and solid interpersonal skills are important. Ability to speak in front of groups as well as work effectively in small group settings and group facilitation skills
- Exhibited an ability to work effectively in a multicultural environment and exemplify the Central Welcome statement and our core value of inclusion
- Demonstrated involvement as an undergraduate student
- Available to work some evenings and weekends.
- Ability to work effectively across difference.
A post-offer background check may be conducted per campus policy.
Contact email@example.com with questions.