Prospect Management and Research Grant Coordinator
The advancement office at Central College seeks a dynamic, goal-oriented, organized, and collaborative prospect management and research grant coordinator. The successful candidate will work with an energetic team of major gifts officers in order to raise support for Central and its students. Reporting to the Vice President for Advancement, this position offers opportunities to shape the work of building relationships, managing assignments, and identifying potential pathways to further advance the mission of the college and fund institutional priorities.
The work of this role is identified as both significant and in alignment with the long-term success of the college. Additionally, the role is representative of one part of a cross-functional team of communications and advancement professionals.
This position works closely with four major gift officers, the vice president, and the president, each with a portfolio of donors, in addition to several with primary responsibility for other critical advancement functions (e.g., corporations/foundations; planned giving; etc.). Candidates also support research, analysis, travel plans, events and communication with donors, alumni, parents, friends of the college, foundations and corporations on behalf of Central and the advancement team.
The successful candidate will have the demonstrated ability to work cooperatively and independently, demonstrate excellent organization and prioritization skills, possess savvy interpersonal and time management skills, and have the capacity to work in a collegial manner with key personnel throughout the college. Central values a positive attitude, adaptability, cooperation, and respect among its employees. The advancement major gifts team embraces those values and extends them to the work with external constituents, aligning donor passion and commitment to Central's passions and priorities in a student-centered environment.
POSITION: Prospect Management and Research Coordinator
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Full-time, exempt appointment
- Bachelor's degree or 3-5 years of related experience, preferably with fundraising research and data analysis in higher education or non-profit settings.
- Must be familiar and willing to learn database and tools such as Ellucian Colleague and ResearchPoint Blackbaud in order to support data review, research and reporting features
- Ability to multi-task, assess portfolios, build profiles and briefings, assist in developing donor visits and major gift officer plans, coordinate data entry including contact reports, and run reports as needed to inform the work of the MGO team
- Interest in and curiosity for all aspects of education and a dedication to promoting the college's fundraising priorities through developing excellent relationships with faculty, staff, trustees, volunteers, students, and the advancement office team.
- Ability to develop rapport quickly and communicate effectively and assertively with a wide variety of personalities.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and creatively.
- Ability to work as a part of a team.
- Professional attitude and appearance.
Central College is an equal opportunity employer and a drug/tobacco free workplace. A post-offer background check will be completed.
To apply for this position, visit https://www.central.edu/job-seekers/openings
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Candidates recommended for employment are subject to a background check. Please submit the following materials:
- A letter of interest relating to your qualifications for the position.
- An updated resume.
- Names and contact information of three references.