Recruit prospective students in an assigned territory in an effort to achieve enrollment objectives as established by the admission office. Depending on experience additional responsibilities could include leading admission staff during on-campus events, call team, social media; to be determined upon hire. Responsible to the Senior Associate Director of Admission.
Essential Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with high schools, employers, and other organizations to schedule, organize and promote large-scale and individualized recruitment events and presentations that are informative of the educational opportunities at Central College.
- Builds and fosters positive working relationships and connections with high school staff, employers, and other organizations that facilitate student referrals.
- Arranges and executes a schedule of personal visits to secondary schools.
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with prospective students using various modes of communication including but not limited to email, hard copy correspondence, phone calls, social media, and personal contact.
- Meets one-on-one with prospective students and/or their families to answer questions about Central College based on each prospective student's interests and strengths.
- Disseminates information about the college's programs through a variety of channels and to a variety of constituents including, but not limited to, high school visits, home visits, college day/night programs, conventions, conferences, in person, by telephone, and by mail.
- Assists with on- and off-campus special events including, but not limited to, individual and large groups, visit events on campus, receptions, recruitment phonations, workshops, conferences, pre-registration, and orientation activities.
- Provides appropriate guidance and the steps necessary to complete the admission process. Also provides necessary counsel about individual financial aid awards to optimize enrollment.
- Interprets and analyzes data from recruitment activities to determine the efficacy of each program relative to overall yield. Establishes goals for the upcoming recruitment cycle. Develops and implements a territory recruitment plan to maximize recruitment efforts which enhances overall admission goals. Documents all student interactions and information that are beneficial in the recruitment process. Compiles and assesses data, develops and prepares reports of recruitment activities, successes, and challenges for Central College.
- Directs recruitment activities of admission student employees.
- Conducts walking campus tours for individuals and groups to promote the qualities of a Central College education.
- Weekend and evening commitments including, but not limited, to special events, evening phone contact, and professional development opportunities.
- Represents the college at professional/social events as requested.
- Consistently demonstrates a positive attitude.
- Must be open and adaptable to change.
- Must work cooperatively with the people you work with.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications: Bachelor's degree. Extraordinary communication and interpersonal skills, an eagerness to work intelligently, efficiently, and persuasively to meet enrollment objectives; demonstrated success in team-building; the capacity to interact effectively with a broad range of constituencies, and willingness to support the mission of Central College as a liberal arts college in the Christian tradition; a driver's license valid in Iowa with a driving record acceptable to the college; the ability to travel (ground and air).
Preferred Qualifications: Ability to speak and understand Spanish.