The custodian is part of an energetic team that is responsible for cleaning various college academic, residential, and administrative support facilities. Openings for early morning and evening shifts available, Monday - Friday with occasional weekend work.
Typical Responsibilities Include:
1. Dust and polish furniture, window sills, door frames, woodwork, etc.
2. Vacuum carpet, furniture, drapes, etc. Remove spots from carpets. Mop or auto scrub (with machine) all hard-surface floors. Strip, refinish and burnish floors as needed.
3. Clean windows, door glass, and mirrors. Scrub walls, blinds, etc.
4. Arrange chairs and tables for meetings, if needed.
5. Clean restrooms. Disinfect areas. Replenish supplies.
6. Gather garbage / recycling material and transport to collection locations, replace trash can liners.
7. Change light bulbs, clean faucet / shower head aerators and drains.
8. Shovel snow.
9. Report maintenance problems.
10. Operate, maintain, and keep custodial equipment clean
11. Deliver custodial equipment, supplies and residential linens as needed. Wash, dry and fold cleaning cloths, mop heads, etc.
Other expectations Include:
12. Consistently demonstrate a positive attitude.
11. Must be open and adaptable to change.
12. Must work cooperatively and respectively with the people you work with.
13. Perform other related duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent. Must be able to read, write, add, subtract, and follow instructions. Requires a minimum of three (3) months of related work experience.
Position requires walking and moving for the entire work period, except for breaks. Ability to lift, pull, or push up to 50 pounds, must be able to twist, bend and squat, stand for up to four hours, use and climb a ladder and perform job functions that require repetitive motion on a daily basis.
If you have questions about the application process please contact Human Resources at 641-628-5300 or email@example.com.