Building Services Associate
Responsible to the Team Leader for cleaning various college academic, residential, and administrative support facilities.
- Clean, disinfect and replenish supplies in restrooms.
- Clean and disinfect all public areas
- Vacuum carpet, furniture and drapes. Remove carpet spots and extract carpet as needed with carpet extractor.
- Mop or auto scrub (with machine) all hard-surface floors. Strip, refinish and burnish floors as needed.
- Clean windows, door glass and mirrors. Clean walls and window blinds. Clean white boards.
- Dust and polish furniture, window sills, doors, door frames and all woodwork.
- Gather trash/recycling material and transport to collection locations, replace can liners.
- Operate, maintain and keep custodial equipment clean.
- Change light bulbs, clean faucet/shower head aerators and clean drains.
- Set up and arrange tables and chairs for meetings, etc.
- Deliver custodial equipment, supplies and residential linens as needed. Wash, dry and fold cleaning cloths, mop heads, etc.
- Shovel snow.
- Report maintenance problems to the Team Leader.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to read, write, add, subtract, and follow instructions.
- Some cleaning experience preferred.
- Consistently demonstrate a positive attitude.
- Shift hours may vary, including evenings, weekends, and college closure periods.