SUMMARY:Responsible for providing a high level of customer service and effectively leading tellers in the department by example. Create and maintain a positive work environment in the teller area focused on customer engagement and customer satisfaction. Exhibit good leadership skills and the ability to motivate others is essential. Coordinate and monitor all aspects of teller operations, ensuring the daily activities of the tellers are performed in a timely, accurate and courteous manner. Order and conduct cash management duties. Well versed in all bank operational procedures and bank products to enable effective promotion of bank customer solutions.
PRINCPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Fulfill daily teller responsibilities accurately with minimal offages and/or required corrections.
- Accept consumer and/or commercial deposits and process withdrawals, verify cash and endorsements and provide customer receipts.
- Assist customers with safe deposit box access.
- Proactively identify customer issues and answer product and service questions; recommend appropriate bank products and services; referring customers to appropriate staff for new services if required.
- Record all transactions promptly, accurately and in compliance with bank procedures.
- Conducts a variety of customer service tasks which may include providing account balances, transferring funds, tracking deposits.
- Ability to work with patience and courtesy in customer relations
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Mathematical skills
- Ability to think quickly and logically to ensure expedient response to customer inquiries
- In-depth knowledge of the bank's products, processes, and policies
- Effective organizational and time management skills; ability to multi-task and work with frequent interruptions with minimal supervision while performing duties
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Post-secondary degree preferred
- Previous banking or customer service experience preferred
PHYSICAL DEMANDS:The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
WORK ENVIRONMENT:The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
General office environment. The working environment is generally favorable with standard office equipment available. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Qualified candidates can send or email a cover letter and resume to:
Lisa Walters, Marion County Bank
800 Main Street, Pella, IA 50219
No phone calls please.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.