MARION COUNTY BANK
Job Title: Operations Manager
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Marion County Bank, a market leading, locally owned, community bank with branches in Pella, Knoxville and Melcher-Dallas, Iowa is seeking to hire a team-oriented Operations member to fill a full-time position currently in its Pella location. The ideal candidate should understand bank operations and be able to provide both internal and external customers with excellent customer service. The ideal candidate would have a post-secondary degree and previous operations experience. The candidate must be community minded and be an active part of the Marion County communities we serve.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Adhering to Marion County Bank’s policies and supporting Management decisions and goals in a positive, professional manner.
• Representing Marion County Bank with a high level of integrity and professionalism.
• Maintaining knowledge and understanding of banking rules, regulations, laws and all policies and procedures pertaining to them including, but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act.
• Possessing a strong team-oriented, value-based work ethic.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Perform daily processing/bank tasks including but not limited to:
• Responsible for the direct supervision of operations staff; schedule operations personnel to ensure a collective effort towards accurate and efficient quality service, and efficient workflow.
• Responsible for daily bank processing checklists.
• Responsible for organizing and leading regularly scheduled department meetings and documenting the meetings with minutes provided to the Leadership Team and the Board.
• Provide customers and other bank departments with card operations and processing support.
• Provides leadership and guidance to operations staff as it relates to fraud mitigation processes, customer account situations and resolution of customer debit card and EFT disputes.
• Able to adjust quickly to different work situations; remain composed under pressure and in stressful situations.
• Directs and manages the accuracy and productivity of the bank’s data processing and bookkeeping activities.
• Provides quality customer service and ensures that the operations department adheres to a high level of customer service for both internal staff and customers.
• Provides ongoing guidance, professional development, support, and technical information to department staff. Encourages trust, respect, and transparency through open and honest communication.
• Various daily tasks related to the effective operations of the bank.
o Facilitate the effective flow of ACH and cash letter items.
o Process custom statements internally at the bank.
o Management of the bank’s debit card portfolio, customer information changes, closed cards, hot cards, fraud, dispute resolution, travel notices.
o Manage the overdrawn account processing.
o Daily balancing of ATM fleet.
o Troubleshoot ATM issues.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Strong analytical ability with active listening skills.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet required deadlines. Requires strong organization, verbal, and written communication skills.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Ability to work accurately with close attention to detail.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
• Effective interpersonal skills with the ability to work with individuals and groups at all organization levels; ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Ability to take initiative and prioritize tasks; good time-management, organizational, problem prevention and problem-solving skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Knowledge of bank operations
• Post-secondary degree required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. General office environment. The working environment is generally favorable with standard office equipment available. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Marion County Bank provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
Qualified candidates can send or email a cover letter and resume to:
Lisa Walters, Marion County Bank
800 Main Street
Pella, IA 50219
No phone calls please