MARION COUNTY BANK
Job Title: Loan Support
Department: Loan Department
Classification: Non-Exempt Full Time
Reports To: David Greving Position Location: Pella
Date: January 29, 2024
Primary responsibilities of this position relate to the commercial and agricultural credit underwriting documentation process. Duties include but are not limited to assisting loan officers to prepare new customer credit request and existing customer credit review presentations. Much of this assistance will be accomplished by inputting customer financial data into uniform Excel spreadsheets. The position includes other loan documentation administrative functions and tasks as needed.
Secondary duties for this position include but are not limited to the input of commercial/agricultural, consumer, and real estate loan terms into the CSI NuPoint core system. In this role, the position will include customer interaction and be responsible for processing loan payments, loan advances, and calculating and applying loan payoffs. Telephone reception duties are also included in this secondary role.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Input customer balance sheet, profit and loss, and income tax data into spreadsheets to assist and facilitate commercial and agricultural loan officers’ credit underwriting process.
- Aid commercial and agricultural loan officers as they develop written credit presentations for new customer requests and written review presentations of existing customer relationships.
- Assist loan officers build virtual credit files by scanning and accurately indexing various loan and collateral security documents.
- Assist loan officers and the Senior Credit Administrator with other credit administrative functions as needed.
- Actively explore process improvement and efficiency opportunities within the loan support area and bring outcomes to the Senior Credit Administrator.
- Process and accurately input loans into the NuPoint core system to comply with system requirements, rules, and regulations. Demonstrate good working knowledge of multiple loan types, make quality judgment determinations, and interpret loan documentation/promissory notes for input into the core system.
- Develop and maintain a solid working knowledge of the NuPoint core system functionality requirements as it relates to accurate loan accounting.
- Provide excellent customer service while answering the phones and transferring calls to the appropriate bank staff.
- Provide excellent customer service to loan customers for loan/teller functions, such as loan payments and payoffs, collateral security tracking, and credit card advances.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Word and Excel programs.
- Knowledge of basic accounting processes and procedures.
- Ability to think logically to ensure accurate and timely data input.
- Ability to manage workflow in a high-volume environment.
- Effective organizational and time management skills; ability to multi-task and possibly work with frequent interruptions.
- Responsibly work with minimal supervision while performing duties.
- Ability to gain In-depth knowledge of the bank's products, processes, and policies.
- Ability to work with a team.
- Post-secondary degree preferred.
- Previous banking or financial work experience preferred.
- Previous customer service experience preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
General office environment. The working environment is generally favorable with standard office equipment available. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Marion County Bank provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
Qualified candidates can send or email a cover letter and resume to:
David Greving, Marion County Bank
800 Main Street, Pella, IA 50219
No phone calls please