Executive Assistant to the Vice President for Academic Affairs and Dean of the Faculty
Job Description, Requirements, & Additional Information:
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: This is a 12-month, full-time, on-campus administrative appointment reporting to the Vice President for Academic Affairs and Dean of the Faculty (VPAA/Dean).
Central College seeks a dynamic, detailed-oriented Executive Assistant to support the work of the Vice President for Academic Affairs and Dean of the Faculty. The successful candidate will provide professional high-level support and broadly oversee operational and administrative details related to all academic departments under supervision of the VPAA/Dean. The Executive Assistant works collaboratively with the VPAA/Dean and the academic leadership team creating a work environment to support the success of faculty and staff within academic affairs.
- Provide direct administrative support for VPAA/Dean for matters related to Board of Trustees committees and meetings.
- Provide executive level assistance for all matters related to personnel review including tenure and promotion.
- Provide administrative support for the VPAA/Dean office budget.
- Provide direct administrative support for hiring faculty and staff in academic affairs.
- Provide general administrative support for the VPAA/Dean, including calendar and correspondence.
- Oversee planning for May commencement.
- Quickly gain a thorough knowledge and understanding of Faculty governance, tenure and promotion, faculty and employee policies.
- Prepare reimbursement requests.
- Serve as liaison to various areas of campus and attend meetings as requested.
Review of applications will begin 3 March and continue until the position is filled. Candidates recommended for employment are subject to a background check. Please submit the following materials online:
- a letter of interest relating your qualifications for the position;
- an updated resume;
- names and contact information of three references;
- a completed College employment application form.