Executive Assistant to the Director of Athletics
The Executive Assistant provides administrative support to the Athletics Director, assisting with confidential information and engaging with a diverse group of internal and external constituents. This position also serves as receptionist for the Athletics office; a team-oriented and fast-paced environment.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Provide support to the Athletics Director including, but not limited to, calendar management, travel and itineraries, appointments, and some budget management.
- Provide reception coverage for the athletics director and office: Answer phone; greet visitors; provide information and/or refer to the appropriate office or resource.
- Order and maintain office supplies for the athletics department.
- Prepare athletic event / game contracts, where applicable.
- Maintain the online athletic travel calendar.
- Arrange for office coverage when necessary.
- Coordinate arrangements for special athletic events; including but not limited to - Homecoming, Hall of Honor banquet, post season / playoff events.
- Serve as the point of contact between Dining Services and the coaching staff for submitting team rosters in a timely manner so student meal plans are applied when available.
- Oversee the communication flow between officials, event managers, and coaching staff to provide seamless event coverage:
- Maintain event folders, in collaboration with the Associate Athletics Director for Business Affairs, to ensure officials and support staff workers submit proper wage documentation and sign work verification sheets.
- Serve as the point of contact for Arbiter (the officials assignment website).
- Prepare the weekly wage spreadsheet for officials.
- Collaborate with Sports Information personnel and coaching staff to maintain athletic award records and order the appropriate awards.
- Engage daily with current student athletes, staff, alumni, donors, athletic recruits, parents, and guests with a spirit of hospitality.
- Provide general administrative support for the senior associate athletics director.
- Assume other responsibilities as assigned by the athletics director.
- Shift hours may vary, including evenings, weekends, and college closure periods.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of experience and education.
Thorough knowledge of office practices and procedures, proficient in Microsoft Office Professional, willingness to learn the college's internal technology systems and a working knowledge of budgeting principles.
Professional communication, organizational, and time management skills.
Knowledge of and interest in Intercollegiate athletics.
Punctual, reliable attendance is required to ensure the department operates at a high level of professionalism.