Executive Assistant for Vice President for Finance and Administration
The Executive Assistant provides administrative support to the Vice President for Finance and Administration assisting with highly confidential and sensitive financial, budgetary, personnel, and business operations information and interacting with an important and diverse group of external constituents as well as internal contacts at all levels of the institution.
Responsible for management of various Board of Trustees Committees (Central College Real Estate, Finance, Investment, and Audit/Risk Management).
- Schedule meetings via the Doodle poll system, book meeting rooms, prepare agendas, prepare reports and presentations, distribute packets, and post-meeting material to the SharePoint Board portal.
- Participate in committee meetings; take minutes, orchestrate conference and /or Zoom calls, and coordinate catering requests.
- Track attendance, quorum, and agenda items requests in accordance with committee charter and in conjunction with Corporate Bylaws.
- Record, file, and distribute minutes to appropriate board members for review.
- Responsible for committee decision directives.
- Follow-up to ensure that appropriate action has occurred and communicated action results.
- Track action items.
- Develop and maintain spreadsheets with recurring daily, weekly, monthly and yearly activities for the Finance and Treasurer and Controller's offices to ensure timely filing of required documents and reports.
- Maintain and manage a wide-range document record system on scholarships, annuities, trusts, wills, real estate, life insurance, abstracts, and audits.
- Implement and maintain a system of historical records and college policies.
- Correspond with insurance carrier's account executives, account managers, claims specialists, and claims professionals on any questions, issues, and claims that pertain to the College's property and vehicles.
- Coordinate and track property and medical claims with all insurance carriers, rental companies, etc. relating to incidents involving College personnel or property.
- Ensure that appropriate action has occurred and communicated action results by correspondence, claims, and parties involved in claims.
- Complete administrative tasks including maintaining and handling invoices, certificate of insurance requests, insurance cards for vehicles, and waivers for trips and camps.
- Coordinate documents regarding college drivers, vehicles, and buildings with the Facilities Management department.
- Calendar management for the Vice President for Finance and Administration.
- Meeting coordination and appointments.
- Maintain confidentiality and institutional protocol.
- Greet and accommodate guests.
- Purchase and maintain inventory of supplies for the office.
- Maintain staff and faculty members' long-distance access code files.
- Filing and other administrative tasks.
- Schedule meetings via the Doodle poll system, book meeting rooms, prepare agendas, distribute packets, and email meeting material.
- Participate in committee meetings; take minutes, set up a conference call and/or Zoom calls, and coordinate catering requests.
- Track attendance, quorum, and agenda items requests in accordance with committee charter.
- Record, file, and distribute minutes to committee members.
- Processes Schedule B of the 990
- Processes the 990T
- Other administrative tasks as assigned.
- Attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy with the ability to manage paper and electronic communication workflow.
- Sort and distribute mail. Respond to regularly occurring requests for information and documentation.
- Shift hours may vary including evenings, weekends, and college closure periods.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office professional.
- Professional communication skills, organizational skills and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure with flexibility.
- Thorough knowledge of office practices and procedures, working knowledge of budgeting principles.
- Service orientated.
Individuals from underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this position please click the "apply now" button on this page. Candidates recommended for employment are subject to a background check. Please submit the following materials online:
- a letter of interest relating to your qualifications for the position
- an updated resume
- names and contact information of three references; and
- a completed College employment application form.