Central Spirit Shoppe Assistant Manager
Provides support to the Central Spirit Shoppe. Greets and assists customers, stocks, and records inventory, serves as a shift manager, and other duties related to the running of a college retail operation.
- Supervises employees during specific shifts engaged in sales work.
- Assists with taking inventories, keeping records, or preparing daily records of transactions for Business Office.
- Responsible for operating cash registers, stocking items, and helping keep the store neat and clean.
- Assists with folding, pricing, and arranging merchandise
- Assists with packing and shipping mail orders.
- Works with team to determine product mix. Manage inventory by reviewing sales and monitoring trends to provide service to customers and generate a profit.
- Assists with marketing and sales promotion activities.
- Operates the Point of Sales (POS) system for the store.
- Assists with maintaining the store website.
- Assists with the processing of web orders for customers.
- Assists with the ordering and distribution of academic apparel and graduation announcements.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, weekend and evening hours may be required.
- Maintains working relationships with students, faculty, staff, and the public.
- Shift hours may vary including evenings, weekends, and college closure periods.
- Experience in a college bookstore or retail environment.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Cash register and retail experience preferred.
- The ability to perform the basic computer skills.
- Good accounting skills.
- The ability to cooperate with other departments and staff.
- The ability to work with students.
- Knowledge of retail and marketing concepts.
A post-offer background check will be completed, per campus policy.
Contact the Human Resources department at Central with application questions by calling 641-628-5156 or email email@example.com