Grounds and Utility Maintenance Worker
Responsible to the Grounds/Utility Team Supervisor for performing a variety of grounds and maintenance tasks.
Grounds & Utility Maintenance:
Responsible for college ground maintenance.
- Including, but not limited to - mowing grass, edging sidewalks, planting trees, flowers, and shrubs, trimming, watering landscaping plantings, raking leaves, etc.
- Snow & ice removal; spread anti-skid material.
- Trash and recycling pick up.
Perform minor maintenance on landscaping equipment such as sharpening blades, tightening belts, and greasing bearings.
Make on and off-campus deliveries, coordinating with Central Stores Coordinator.
Other Maintenance duties as assigned (such as painting, changing filters, etc.).
Shift hours may vary, including evenings, weekends, and college closure periods.
- Graduation from high school or equivalent plus one year of effective experience, including supervisory experience or preventative maintenance experience on landscaping equipment.
- Ability to operate truck, tractor, mower, and miscellaneous equipment.
- Ability to lift, pull, or push up to 50 pounds, climb and use a ladder.
- Must be willing and available for evening and weekend work.