Talent Search Assistant Director
Responsible to the director of Pre-College Programs (TS and UB) for performing a variety of leadership functions associated with the Central College UB programs.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: This is an 11-month, full-time administrative appointment.
- Supervise and coordinate the day-to-day program operations and activities of the Talent Search team.
- Assist director with interviewing and hiring Talent Search personnel. Provide orientation and necessary training.
- Assists director in personnel evaluation and overall assessment of progress toward program objectives.
- Develop and coordinate curriculum and academic programs for participants and parents; includes:
- Developing calendar/schedule of academic activities.
- Planning workshops, events and developing activities, ordering and managing curriculum materials & supplies.
- Overseeing tutoring program(s).
- Compile information and materials to present to participants, parents, and/or target school counselors.
- Identify and serve Talent Search participants. Conduct orientation workshops for new participants and parents Implement curriculum and provide advising to participants in assigned target schools.
- Maintain communication among Talent Search staff and with participants, parents, and target school counselors through correspondence and by telephone.
- Oversee database including supervision of data management and system updates. Ensure that participant records are accurate and complete.
- Develop agendas and facilitate Talent Search staff meetings.
- Attend regular meetings with the Director and meetings of the Pre-College programs leadership team.
- Upon invitation, attend DMPS Collaborative meetings, meetings, and/or other College meetings.
- Master's Degree in education or related field plus three years TRIO or related work experience.
- Requires excellent organization, interpersonal, and communication skills and competence with technologies for program management including basic computer, communication, and presentation skills.